Pages

Monday, August 8, 2022

'How can I get involved?' Here's how...



                            Drive Portland

Have you ever thought about how you could help those in need within your community? Like many of us in Portland, Oregon, I am sure the answer is yes. The thought of wanting to do more within our community is extremely prevalent but many of us are unsure of where to start. We may have been discouraged by others at some point in our lives, even to the point to which people have told us that our ideas would never work, which may have discouraged us from attempting to try something new. While I have experienced this many times in my life I have not let it completely discourage me from brainstorming and thinking of ways to help those in need, and this is where I developed the concept for "Drive Portland". 


"Drive Portland" is a volunteer program that I have started in Portland, Oregon, where people who have a driver's license, are 18 years of age or older, and have access to a car can provide rides to our houseless neighbors. If the image above looks familiar it may be because you recognize it from your local new seasons market bulletin board. I have begun scouting and promoting the service locally looking for volunteers to help provide rides to our houseless community. The rides that we provide are to and from appointments to enroll in government-funded programs like healthcare, food stamps, and cash assistance programs. 


If you are interested in volunteering or have any additional questions please click the link below and I will get back to you within 1-2 business days. 













-Frank Garcia




No comments:

Post a Comment