Pages

Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Find work for Self Employed Architects

     Growing up both my parents were architects for different companies. My mother is Intel, and my father ran his own company. He does not have a page really but is well known in some of the houses he designed. But the one struggle that he tends to find is more projects like these.

watermark project design (first model)

    My father has been self-employed for over thirty years, working on houses like the one above. Depending on the work of either a large house or a small lot of apartments. My father has struggled to find work nowadays. He used to go out to Centralia, WA for houses he was designing for, but they fired him because they thought he didn't know what he was doing. My father has been an architect longer than anyone nowadays. He is looking to find work in Italy to help my stepbrother on a guest house next to the house he is buying. But my father's work has always been on big properties.
3 bed 2 bath modern design 2015

townhouses in Centralia, WA

    The point I'm getting to is that many self-employed workers are struggling to endure a work style due to less work provided by society. The urgency for work is much higher today than it was five years ago. How can we encourage our society to engage more with self-employed workers? What is the motivation for our workers at home? How do we keep them from going bankrupt? 
    Advertising work wanted for those employees and making sure that they are getting recognized for the work being produced. To pay self-employed works the hours they are promised. This is the life that my father loves to do for retirement, but he needs to be looked. 


No comments:

Post a Comment