Pages

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Water Conservation in a Rural Community India


Water Conservation has reached the attention of mainstream society of late. However, in some rural communities around the globe, water conservation has been a long standing practice. One such rural community happens to be in India,Kikruma a village nestled in a rain-shadowed area of Phek district of Nagaland. According to IndaWaterPortal, A century ago this community devised a unique and successful way to conserve this natural resource. According to the website the village centuries ago developed a process called ”Zabo” which translates to water impoundment. This technique uses catchments that capture the rain runoff from the mountains surrounding the village. The water then is transferred to ponds through a series of channels, which is allowed to pass through cattle yards where the flow picks up nutrients needed for soil development.  The water then flows to patty fields where is used to irrigate the village crops. The patty fields are also use to cultivate fish, which serve as additional sustenance and income for the village. Surprisingly according to the article this successful system has not been reproduced elsewhere and is attributed only to the village of Kikruma. For more information and additional stories please visit the article here.

12 comments:

  1. I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. I am hoping the same best work from you in the future as well..
    Watershed Conservation

    ReplyDelete
  2. I needed to thank you for this incredible read!! I unquestionably getting a charge out of each and every piece of it I have you bookmarked to look at new stuff you post.
    BHM colleges in dehradun

    ReplyDelete
  3. I assume that is an informative proclaim and it is selected beneficial and informed. therefore, i might as soon as to thank you for the efforts you have got made in writing this newsletter.  https://www.bgsu.edu/academics/accounting.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think this is an informative post and it is very beneficial and knowledgeable. Therefore, I would like to thank you for the endeavors that you have made in writing this article. All the content is absolutely well-researched. Thanks... click here

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, this weekend is good for me, since this time i am reading this enormous informative article here at my home. ukrayna üniversiteleri odessa

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wanted to thank you for this excellent read!! I definitely loved every little bit of it. I have you bookmarked your site to check out the new stuff you post. ukrayna üniversiteleri tıp ücretleri

    ReplyDelete
  7. I must say, I thought this was a pretty interesting read when it comes to this topic. Liked the material. . . . .
     ukrayna üniversiteleri 

    ReplyDelete
  8. I definitely enjoying every little bit of it. It is a great website and nice share. I want to thank you. Good job! You guys do a great blog, and have some great contents. Keep up the good work.
    ukraynada eğitim 

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is my first time i visit here. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here keep up the good work theodysseyonline

    ReplyDelete
  10. Никак не можете определиться, в какой компании-изготовителе купить окна из дерева? Можем посоветовать предприятие деревообработки СВ Окна, созданное в 1995 году. Организация реализует широкий диапазон окон из дерева от очень доступных по цене до эксклюзивных. Любой заказчик подберет для себя прекрасные деревянные стеклопакеты. В производственной программе вы найдете бюджетные деревянные окна из сосны, деревянные евроокна, деревянные окна с алюминием, двери с портальным открыванием, складные двери.

    ReplyDelete