The great thing about these tips is that in most cases you really won’t have to change your lifestyle radically to have an impact on the environment. One thing we do encourage is more reliance on human power in your daily life. We hope that some of these tips will help us move one person at a time towards a society that is more responsible and less reliant on convenience.
- Prevent energy leaks at home.
- Lower your home thermostats!
- Switch as many bulbs as possible in your home to compact fluorescent bulbs.
- Use a low-flow shower head.
- Use drip irrigation systems in your garden.
- Plant trees in your yard and community.
- Go “mostly organic” in your lawn and garden.
- Use a reel or electric lawn mower.
- Replace your single-paned windows with double-pane windows.
- Turn off lights and electronic devices when you’re not using them.
- Fix water leaks in the bathroom, kitchen, landscaping, etc.
- Consider switching to a low-flow toilet.
- Use ceiling fans to cool off in the summer.
- Use solar energy to dry your clothes!
- Invest in solar energy.
- Rethink transportation.
- Use small, efficient devices to cook food.
- Use some Xeriscaping principles in the garden.
- Use some native plants in the garden.
- Get involved locally!
By: Saud Bin Muammar