By: Erica BlairEvery winter it never fails, our heat bills go up. This year, try something new and inexpensive!
Natural Winterizing Tips For Your Home and Wallet
· Close curtains instead of buying plastic to cover windows.
· Program your thermostat, warmer when you are home and when you aren’t at home or are in bed, turn down the temperature.
· Change your furnace filter to help with clean airflow.
· Open and uncover all your heating vents.
· Add blankets to your bed.
· Wear socks, slippers and warm clothes while at home.
· Sleep with a hot water bottle for extra warmth.
· Check around doors and windows for air drafts or leaks then add caulk to the leaks.
· Place rolled up mats or blanket on the floor near doors leading outside to keep the warmth in.
· If you have a wood burning stove or fireplace make sure to use it!
· Drink hot tea or coco to keep your insides warm.