Pages

Thursday, June 10, 2010

3D TVs will not take off!!!!!

    
The new 3D TVs to me by far seems to be one of the most interesting topics this year in terms of electronics.  I mean it seems like yesterday we all had to purchase High definition TVs just to be able to watch TV in HD.  I don’t know about you, but I feel like high definition should not already be outdated, it basically just started!  Now there is this, first of all what are we going to do with these high definition TVs and do they actually think people are going to waste their money on buying a 3D TV right now.  I mean the price is oblivious, according to businessinder.com.  The prices for the TVs will be from anywhere around $3,000 to $12,000.  Right now to me it just seems like a waste of money, I don’t think that 3D will be the next standard.  I don’t know about you, but when I am watching TV I like to do other things at the exact same time.  Sometimes I like to be searching the internet or talking or texting on my cell phone.  It seems presumptuous that people will throw out their high definition TV.  I would suggest just donating it or just sell it to someone that would have interest in it instead of leaving it out to rot in a landfill.  There are even companies that take in your old TV for credit.  Now the new standard will be that we must purchase a new TV again that is if we want the most out of our cable and satellite, a different BLU-ray player, new 3D Blu-ray movies, and possibly a different audio system that can encode the right frequencies.  We also have to purchase these 3d glasses which cost a fortune ($200 plus).  To me I would not purchase any of this.  I would honestly not endorse this; I believe the only way to watch 3D movies should be viewed in a movie theater.  In that kind of environment everyone is focused on the screen, so there is no way anybody can be doing anything such as browse the web or even text messaging.  Furthermore it would be a waste of money for us to even think about not paying full attention to the movie that we pay for.  


So most importantly are you as a consumer going to purchase a 3D TV or simply just buy a normal high definition TV, my answer is as of right now I will buy a high definition TV.  For the simple reason that high definition TV has not even hit its peak and I believe that it will take quite some time for companies to produce these 3D TV at the right cost.  Probably within less than 5-7 years 3D TV could actually be a a standard, where consumers would be paying a lot less than they would be right now.  Also to say that all the issues of being a first generation TV would be out of the way within that time span.


Jesse Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment