With Christmas around the corner many people are getting ready to decorate their homes. We all know one of the most exciting parts of the decorating process is setting up the Christmas tree so I thought it would be a good idea for me to share these awesome upcycled Christmas tree decorations:
Old School Lightbulb Christmas Lights/Ornaments
Recommended Materials: Old lightbulb, sand paper, acrylic paints, hot glue gun, pencil, fluffy glove and ribbons
How to Make Them:
- Sand lightbulb until surface is rough enough that paint will stick. Apply generous coat of white paint. When dried, then pain the back and sides with black paint.
- Tie ribbon around silver end of blub so it can hang on tree. Apply hot glue to ribbon in order to ensure the ribbon remains intact.
- Cut tip off the thumb or finger from glove. This is used as the penguin’s hat. Make incision in hat so ribbon can pass through.
- Draw penguin’s features with pencil.
- Paint wings in black and allow for the ornament to dry. You know have your own penguin ornament!