Pages

Friday, November 18, 2016

UPCYCLING - MAKING A CHANGE 1 BOTTLE AT A TIME


WATER BOTTLES


Photo By: Earthjustice

HOW UPCYCLING 1 PLASTIC BOTTLE CAN MAKE A DIFFERENCE

I was influenced by something that changed my mind about our tap water and bottled water.  A friend gave me a water filter this week and was adamant about using it.  I have always lived in Oregon and have been lucky with having quality water.  It seems more and more we have to open our eyes to the water quality problems that face the world and ourselves.  I have noticed that the water in our community has consistently declined both in quality and taste.  The water detection meter test water to be bad at 2 particulates and mine registered 148 particulates.  I have put the filter to use and have found that the water taste better and I have a better assurance that the quality is better too.  I have used the same water bottle refilling it daily saving about $60.00 per month just on my daily purchase of bottled water.  Plus I have provided cleaner drinking water to my family and more importantly I save at least 30 plastic bottles a month.


We all have been sold the idea that bottled water is better but it is not.  Currently we are overusing plastic bottles.  We all have to work on rewinding how we think about plastic bottles and make better choices.  The best part is you can actually save money by making conscious choices that are better for you, your loved ones and the planet.

Here are some of the contaminants you may be drinking:
Alachlor, Asbestos, Atrazine, Bacteria, Benzene, Carbofuran, Chlorobenzene, Chlorine, Cysts, Dichlorobenzene, Endrin, Ethylbenzene, Fluoride, Hardness, Lead, Lindane, Mercury, Micron, MTBE, Particulates, pH, Nitrates / Nitrites, Sediment, Simazine, Tetrachloroethylene, Toxaphene, Turbidity, TTHM, VOCs, 2,4-D.

THE STORY OF BOTTLED WATER








No comments:

Post a Comment